Music - The Edward Miller Memorial Music Scholarship Fund
Founded by the Music Committee of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at Shelter Rock (UUCSR) in June, 2004, the Edward Miller Memorial Scholarship Fund honors the memory of Edward Miller (1943 - 1997), Music Director of UUCSR and life-long music educator.
The stipend, in an amount to be determined each year by the Music Committee, will be used to further the recipient's music education. It will be delivered in one lump sum to the recipient by a member of the Music Committee at the awards ceremony of the recipient's local high school. The Music Committee will also invite the recipient to a worship service at UUCSR at which his/her achievement will be celebrated.
- Demonstrate talent and the will to succeed.
- Be financially disadvantaged.
- Be a member of the graduating class of their high school, which must be located within Nassau County, NY.
- Not be a member/staff, or immediate family of a member/staff of UUCSR.
The recipient will be chosen by the Nassau Music Educators Association. All candidates/applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or physical ability.
To be considered for the scholarship, please send the following materials to:
588 Haddon Lane
East Meadow, NY 11554
- A Completed application form. Download form here.
- A sealed official letter of recommendation from your sponsoring teacher.
- A letter by the student explaining why he/she wants to be considered for the scholarship,
and how the scholarship money will be spent.
Applications must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2013.